- 1 to 2 lbs of goose, moose, caribou, reindeer, or musk ox meat
- 1 green pepper
- 1 medium onion
- Soysauce to taste
- 1 medium tomato
- Sour Cream or Yogurt for topping
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2-3 cloves of crushed garlic
- Additional spices as desired
- Fresh whole wheat or flour tortillas
Slice meat in the thinnest strips possible (partially frozen meat makes this easier.) Fry meat in oil in skillet until brown, add salt pepper, garlic, and a dash of soy sauce. Add peppers and onion until half cooked. Put your hot filling in a fresh tortilla; add fresh tomatoes, garnish sour cream.
Recipe from: ANTHC Traditional Food Guide for Alaska Native Cancer Survivors & Maniilaq’s Build Strong Families—”Arctic Home Cooking”, 2nd Edition.