What is RAVEN?
YKHC has started its journey towards Electronic Health Record (EHR), also known as RAVEN. RAVEN stands for Records And Verification Electronic Network. The launch of YKHC’s electronic health record, or “Go-Live” is on January 28, 2013.
What is Electronic Health Record?
An EHR, is a computer version of a patient’s medical history, and may include key administrative and clinical data useful for both patients and providers. Information such as patient demographics, medical history, vital signs, immunizations, laboratory data and radiology reports would be included.
How will RAVEN improve care for patients?
- Prevent potential medical errors before they happen.
- Increase privacy of medical records through electronic security
- Improve prescription safety and reduce duplication of medical tests
- Provide alerts and reminders about allergies, necessary health screenings and immunizations.
- Improve staff response time to questions about prescriptions, previous visits, and more
How will RAVEN affect YKHC employees?
- At first, learning the RAVEN system will require a lot of time, attention and detail.
- YKHC leadership is implementing a “no time off, vacation or travel” policy for all staff rom Jan. 14 to March 1, 2013 in preparation for this important initiative.
- Comprehensive corporate-wide training will start in November 2012, allowing nearly 900 staff to learn the new system.
Please be patient with our staff, especially your local village providers and Health Aides as we learn RAVEN.