- The patient has the right to considerate and respectful care.
- The patient has the right to obtain from his/her provider complete, current information concerning his/her diagnosis, treatment, and prognosis in terms the patient can be reasonably expected to understand. Effort will be made to provide an interpreter if needed.
- The patient has the right to receive from his/her provider information necessary for an informed consent prior to the start of a procedure or treatment.
- The competent patient has the right to refuse treatment to the extent permitted by law, and to be informed of the medical consequence of his/her decision.
- The patient has the right to privacy and assurance that all communications and records pertaining to his/her care should be treated as confidential, within the federal guidelines.
- The patient has the right to obtain information as to any relationship of his/her hospital to other health care and educational institutions insofar as his/her care is concerned.
- The patient has the right to be advised and may refuse if YKHC proposes to engage in or perform experimental treatment affecting his/her care.
- The patient has the right to expect reasonable continuity of care.
- The patient has the right to know what hospital rules and regulations apply to his/her conduct as a patient.