In order to provide a safe, secure and pleasant living environment, we ask that everyone observe the following rules at all times during their stay with us at Qavartarvik.
1. Maintain a quiet atmosphere in the halls and rooms at all times. Other guests may be sleeping or not feeling well.
2. Eat all meals in the kitchen or the dayroom. Food is not allowed in the rooms.
3. Be mindful of others and clean up after myself.
4. Treat others with respect and consideration.
5. Do not bring items of value. YKHC/Qavartarvik is not responsible for lost or stolen items not secured in the safe deposit box.
6. Use Hostel facilities only during hours posted: Laundry: 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Kitchen: 6 a.m. to midnight.
7. Patient escorts must remain with the patient they are escorting at all times.
8. Adults must supervise minors at all times.
9. Do not ask other guests to babysit or “watch” your child/children.
10. Do not volunteer to babysit or “watch” another guest’s child/children.
11. Alcohol and illegal drugs are not allowed. Guests and visitors found under the influence or in possession of alcohol or illegal drugs will be evicted immediately, and not allowed to lodge at Qavartarvik in the future.
12. No smoking or chewing tobacco products are to be used in or around Qavartarvik. The designated tobacco use area is located at the east end of the building. Do not use the emergency exit to access this area, as alarms will sound.
13. Firearms and knives larger than a pocketknife are prohibited.
14. Pets are not allowed.
15. Visitors must register and sign-in with the front desk upon arrival. Visiting hours are 7 a.m.-10 p.m. daily.
16. Personal phone calls may be made/received on the phone in the kitchen. Please limit calls to 10 minutes.
17. Guests will be held responsible and billed for any damage to rooms and/or equipment.
18. Guests and visitors who do not observe these rules will be asked to leave.
19. Staff is required to inspect rooms prior to checkout for items such as towels, bedding, etc. Qavartarvik reserves the right to inspect guests’ baggage for any missing items.
20. Guests must check out no later than 12 p.m. (noon) in order to get lunch ticket and not be charged another nights stay. Guests who are not checked out of the room on time will incur one additional night’s charges and will be personally liable for such charges.