YKHC’s Personal Care Services and Care Coordination strives to care for elders and medically frail people who might otherwise have to go to a long term care facility, such as a nursing home.
Referral forms are available in the hospital and clinics or by calling 543-6170.
Personal Care Services
- personal hygiene assistance
- light housekeeping
- meal preparation
- vital sign monitoring
- medication assistance
- assistance with physical activities
- assistance with transferring and turning patients (clients) who have to stay in bed
- help walking and moving around
- range of motion exercises
- other light duties as assigned
Eligibility is based on an assessment done by a Home Care nurse.
Care Coordination Services
We coordinate services for elders and medically frail individuals who need help locating and accessing community services such as respite, transportation, medical equipment and supplies, chore services, and home modifications for accessibiltiy.
Services are currently available in more than 30 villages.
8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday – Friday
Main Office Phone: 907-543-6170 or 1-800-764-6470.