The Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) would like to announce a Call for Photography, as part of the Paul John Calricaraq Project.
As a way to “bring nature inside,” honor our seasonal life activities, and represent our culture, there will be large photography panels on many walls in the new clinical facilities. Photos will also be used in visual TV displays and signage.
YKHC welcomes photography submissions from local community members in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta region that are reflective of the following themes:
- SUBSISTENCE: gathering, picking, hunting, trapping, fishing, cleaning, preparing, drying, storing, cooking, eating, traditional food/meals, etc.
- CRAFTS: basket making, beading, sewing, knitting, tools/materials, carving, clothes making, etc.
- ARTS: drums, drumming, regalia, fans, dancing, singing, etc.
- RECREATION: dog sledding, kayaking, basketball, volleyball, wrestling, stick games, storytelling, picnicking, etc.
- REGIONAL LANDSCAPES: photos from all seasons, colorful, “walk into the landscape” feeling.
- SKY/HORIZON LANDSCAPES: photos from all seasons, colorful, sunrise, sunset, night, northern lights.
Photo submission information can be found at: www.calricaraq.org/call-for-photography. Photos will be accepted through August 25, 2017.