Stay Up To Date!
Protect your little ones with childhood vaccines.
Vaccines protect the health of your children – avoiding preventable diseases, and keeping them from spreading from child to child. Staying on track with vaccinations is important and your YKHC provider can help!
Call your local clinic today to schedule an appointment for vaccinations or a WellChild visit. (To find the phone number to your clinic, visit our Services page and click on “Primary Care.”) In Bethel, call 907-543-6442.
Childhood Vaccine Schedule
The childhood vaccine schedule is carefully designed by medical experts with young immune systems in mind.
Vaccines at YKHC are free and available to every child. Vaccines help protect your child, and prevent childhood illnesses and additional clinic visits. Most of your child’s vaccinations are recommended between birth and 23 months. Additional vaccinations are recommended between 4-6 years and 11-18 years.
If your child is behind schedule, speak with your YKHC provider about a plan to get caught up. Many vaccines are given in a series and in combinations to make the vaccination process as efficient as possible.
- Hep B
- Hep A
Influenza vaccine, annually beginning at 6 months
* Combo-vaccine: DTaP, Polio, Hep B **Combo-vaccine: DTaP, Polio
• Meningococcal (2 dose series)
- Your child’s immunization records at YKHC are tracked in our system to ensure your child gets appropriate immunizations at each visit.
- Common side effects of immunizations are minor, and may include swelling or soreness at the site of the injection, and fever. Your health care provider will discuss these symptoms with you during your appointment.
- After the vaccinations, your YKHC healthcare provider will let you know when you should schedule your next vaccination appointment and will offer a magnet you can put on your refrigerator to keep track of the vaccination schedule.
- Vaccines are some of the safest and most effective medicines we have, and they have made many dangerous childhood diseases rare today.
To schedule an appointment, call your local clinic. In Bethel, call 907-543-6442.
If you have additional questions, ask your YKHC healthcare provider.