YKHC is proud to announce the launch of our 2015 Native management training program, COMPASS.
2015 Nominations are now open!
Click here to download the nomination form.
Instructions for submitting a nomination:
- Complete the required information on the nomination form
- Send the completed form to the nominee for review, signature(s), and final submission
- Submit all the required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed Nomination Form
- Nominee’s Current Resume
- Letter of Interest from the Nominee
- This letter should reflect your interest in the Compass Management Development program, your professional goals, and why you believe you should be selected for the 2015 cohort
Compass is a management program for Alaska Native employees who demonstrate management capabilities and leadership as evidenced by going above and beyond what is asked or expected of them.
Compass is a 12 week comprehensive management training program with a focus on key competencies of management in alignment with our Napartet pillars:
- Patient Centered Excellence – Customer Focus
- Employee Focus – Human Resource and Workforce Planning
- Alaska Native Workforce Development – Leadership Management
- Community and Partner Satisfaction – Productivity and Program Evaluation
- Financial Viability – Financial Acumen
Employees will be able to maintain their current positions at approximately 75 percent time throughout the program. A typical week in COMPASS may entail:
- Group Discussions
- Guest Speakers
- Visit/Rotations through various departments within YKHC
- Self Study & Project Development
YKHC’s Management development program offers a unique, comprehensive, and culturally relevant opportunity for employees who demonstrate a desire and willingness to develop and learn critical management skills.
You can contact any of the following ANWD team members for more details or to learn how to get involved:
Patricia Smith – 6270
Bill Schreiner – 6155
Darlene Trenier – 6063
Christine Christiansen – 6040
Donna Bach – 6037
Jennifer Nixon – 6062
Thank you for looking towards the horizon as we work to prepare the future leaders of the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation.
Contact the Alaska Native Workforce Development Team (ANWD) at COMPASS@ykhc.org
Check out the video project the 2013 Compass Cohort produced below