Your Health is Our Priority
At YKHC, the health of our customers, the communities we serve, and our staff come first.
We are taking every precaution to protect the well-being and safety of those who visit our facilities, whether our Bethel hospital or one of our village clinics. Read more about these precautions in the sections below.
We encourage you to schedule medical care if needed. We have taken precautions across our health system to ensure the safety of each patient and caregiver when at a YKHC facility or seeing a provider in Bethel or a village.
While we work hard to protect the region from further spread of the novel coronavirus, or COVID-19, we need your help. The pandemic is not over. Please continue practicing the protective measures we know work, like getting vaccinated, getting boosted when eligible, masking and physical distancing in public, and avoiding crowded gatherings.
Safety Measures within YKHC Facilities
Here are some of the precautions in the Bethel hospital that you can expect to experience when you schedule or arrive for an in-person appointment at YKHC:
- During scheduling
- Upon arrival to our facility
- Rearrangement of furniture to encourage non-congregate seating
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting
- Increased inspection and chemical swab testing of high-traffic areas
- Additional disinfection procedures in treatment rooms between patients
Employee Health and Conduct
To ensure our providers are healthy as they take care of you, we have enacted several rigorous employee health protocols. Some of these include:
Testing for Patients and the Public
Widespread testing is critical to help limit spread of COVID-19.
- COVID-19 testing is available in all clinics, at the hospital in Bethel, and at a drive-thru site in the CHSB parking lot in Bethel.
- YKHC is providing at-home COVID-19 test kits to villages without health aide coverage.
- YKHC deploys response teams to villages that need additional medical or testing support.
- We are testing patients 48 hours prior to routine procedures if the appointment poses a higher risk of exposure (such as a dental appointment that may require a filling or other aerosol-generating procedure).
- Village-based patients will be tested on-site prior to routine procedures if circumstances allow. If on-site tests are not available, YKHC providers will only perform care that does not risk spread or exposure of COVID-19.
- All patients admitted to the hospital, including expectant mothers, are tested.
Telehealth Appointments Available
- We offer outpatient medical appointments through telehealth.
- Telehealth enables our customers to receive individual medical care in the privacy of their homes via a secure video platform or a one-on-one phone call with a physician or other medical provider.
- Our technology team will work with you to find out what method (video or phone) is best for you and let your provider know.