YKHC’s Diabetes Prevention & Control Program is inviting all city and tribal government and other non-profit agencies in the YK Delta to apply for our 2013 Community Activity and Garden Award funds. These mini-grants are available to communities to help develop long-term activity programs that will help prevent diabetes and other chronic health diseases by increasing healthy lifestyle choices.
The link above will take you to more information and links to the application forms.
This award program is designed to promote an active lifestyle to help prevent type 2 diabetes in your community. Below are examples of projects we have previously funded:
- Eskimo dancing supplies
- Subsistence equipment and supplies (berry picking, survival skills, ice fishing, etc.)
- Exercise equipment (stair climber, treadmill, stationary bike, weight equipment, etc.)
- Sport/Gym equipment (balls, nets, hoops, parachutes, etc.)
- Gardening supplies and /or equipment
- Exercise class equipment and/or DVDs (aerobics, karate, etc.)
- Kick sleds, skis, snowboards, snowshoes, etc.
- Roller blades and skates
- Wrestling mats