On December 3, YKHC reports 148 new COVID-19 cases in the YK Delta.
On December 3, YKHC confirmed 148 new cases of COVID-19
- 5 Akiak residents tested positive
- 1 Alakanuk resident tested positive
- 27 Bethel residents tested positive
- 3 Chevak residents tested positive
- 2 Emmonak residents tested positive
- 1 Kasigluk resident tested positive
- 23 Kongiganak residents tested positive
- 3 Kotlik residents tested positive
- 41 Kwethluk residents tested positive
- 2 Napaskiak residents tested positive
- 27 Pilot Station residents tested positive
- 1 Quinhagak resident tested positive
- 9 Scammon Bay residents tested positive
- 2 Tuluksak residents tested positive
- 1 resident of a YKHC service area village tested positive
The individuals are currently self-isolating and YKHC is working with the State of Alaska Section of Epidemiology to conduct contact tracing, follow-up testing, and ensure precautions are taken to protect people they may have been in close contact with. All close contacts will be provided instructions for follow-up testing and precautions to take.
Due to a significant increase in COVID-19 cases across the region, case investigations are on-going to identify whether cases are travel-related, a result of close contact, or a result of community-based transmission. Unfortunately, due to the volume of cases in-region, this information may be unavailable on request.
YKHC continues to urge the public not to just rely on travel restrictions to prevent spread of COVID-19. COVID-19 can spread when someone does not have any symptoms or only has mild symptoms. Even if your community has not had a positive COVID-19 case, please continue to practice all known protective measures, including: avoid hosting or attending gatherings of any kind, avoid all non-essential travel, opt for free COVID-19 testing upon arrival at the Bethel, St. Mary’s, and Aniak airports when arriving from out-of-region, practice regular handwashing, remain physically distant (more than six feet) from anyone who does not reside in your same household, wear a mask when in public, and frequently disinfect high-touch surfaces in your home.
Symptoms of COVID-19 include a fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, diarrhea, and diminished sense of taste or smell. If you have these symptoms, do not go to your village clinic or to the emergency room in Bethel. Instead, call your village clinic or in Bethel call 543-6949 so a health care provider can assist you.
YKHC offers free COVID-19 testing, without an appointment, at the Bethel drive-thru testing site every Monday through Friday from 2 to 5 p.m. Testing also continues by appointment in Bethel, by calling 543-6949, or in villages by calling the local clinic for assistance.
Get the latest information on COVID-19 from YKHC at www.ykhc.org/covid-19.