1 lb moose, cut into bite sized pieces (or ground moose)
1/2 cup rice
1 large onion, chopped
2 carrots, chopped
2 cups assorted vegetables, chopped (canned, fresh or frozen)
2 tablespoons olive oil
8 cups low-sodium beef or vegetable broth
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add meat to the pot and cook until browned (approximately eight minutes).
- Transfer meat to a plate and add another tablespoon of oil to the pot.
- Add onions, carrots, and assorted vegetables. Cook for four minutes.
- Add in remaining garlic, salt, and pepper to the pot. Add the broth and rice to pot. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low.
- Cover pot and let simmer for 45 minutes, or until rice is fully cooked.
- Serve hot.