The deadline is October 1, 2020
Starting October 1, 2020, Alaska resident will need to present a REAL ID compliant license/ID, or another acceptable form of identification, for boarding commercial aircraft.
- My village doesn’t have a DMV. How do I get an REAL ID?
- You will need to visit the DMV in Bethel or Anchorage to get yours. Click here for the hours and information about the Bethel DMV. Click here for information about other DMV locations in Anchorage and across the state.
- If you are traveling through the Anchorage airport, you can make an appointment at the new Anchorage airport DMV. Click here to book an appointment at the Anchorage airport DMV.
- What documents do I need to get a REAL ID?
- There are several required documents to obtain a REAL ID. See the flyer below or click here for a checklist from the State of Alaska.
- How much does a REAL ID cost?
- $40 for a drivers licenses REAL ID; $35 for a state identification card.
- What happens if I don’t get a REAL ID by the deadline?
- You will be unable to board commercial jet flights out of Bethel. Not getting a REAL ID may cause you to not be able to use your Medicaid benefits.
- You will also need a REAL ID to travel on YK pay flights between Bethel and Anchorage.
- Who should I contact if I have questions?
- The Division of Motor Vehicles. Click here for their information.