Office of Environmental Health & Engineering
- Four Remote Maintenance Workers (RMWs) provide training and technical assistance to 47 village water & sewer systems.
- RMWs typically make one to two village trips weekly to provide onsite assistance or respond to critical emergencies. The program averages 160 village trips per year.
Drinking Water Laboratory
- The lab provides analysis of village, school, and business public water systems drinking water samples.
- Approximately 1,400 water samples are analyzed each year.
- Village-based service dedicated to improving environmental health conditions in the YK Delta, staffed with four Environmental Health Officers
- Emphasis is placed on helping villages acquire and maintain sanitation facilities.
- Projects include: Environmental Consultation, Operator Training & Certification, Rabies Prevention and Control, Injury Prevention, Avian Influenza Sampling, Health & Safety Facility Surveys, Health Education
Injury Prevention & EMS
- Dedicated to reducing the severity of unintentional injury and injury related deaths in the Yukon-Kuskokwim Delta.
- Operates Injury Prevention Sales shop, and coordinates injury prevention related projects and educational efforts.
- Conducts EMT, ETT, CPR and first aid classes for approximately 1,000 Health Aides, health care providers and community members each year.
- Serves as Regional Headquarters for State of Alaska EMS Program.