YKHC is closely monitoring the outbreak of the novel coronavirus, COVID-19. We are working to keep our customers, employees and communities healthy. To prevent spread of the virus through our service area, we have instituted the following criteria for testing individuals for the novel coronavirus.
Individuals with the following criteria may be tested through Alaska State Public Health Lab:
Symptoms must include two of the following:
- Subjective fever
- Shortness of breath
Belong to one of the following groups:
- Hospitalized patient with respiratory condition
- Lives in long term care facility or any health care facility providing treatment in congregate setting
- Symptomatic health care provider or first responder
- Symptomatic patients who have traveled to or have a household member who has traveled to a location where community transmission of COVID-19 is occurring
- Known close contact to a confirmed case of COVID- 19
Individuals not meeting any of the above criteria may be tested at provider discretion and sent to a commercial lab:
- An outpatient who is at increased risk for serious complications (age ≥ 60 or has one ore more chronic medical conditions
- Including heart disease, hypertension, chronic lung disease, diabetes and immunocompromised
- Any other patient at provider discretion
YKHC is currently not testing individuals without symptoms.
YKHC is providing regular updates on COVID-19 on our website, www.ykhc.org/covid-19.