YKHC is closely monitoring the outbreak of COVID-19. Preventing the spread of this virus, especially to our elders and other vulnerable populations, is a top priority for us in our response to the virus. To help prevent the spread of the virus, effective today, YKHC is limiting visitors to our primary care facility.
Additionally, everyone entering our facility in Bethel is required to answer health screening questions. Visitors who have fever/cough/cold symptoms will be turned away. Patients with those symptoms will be given a mask to wear.
Effective March 19, YKHC is instituting a temporary visitor policy:
- No visitors in patients who are in isolation rooms, critical care rooms, or the Emergency Department
- For our hospitalized patients who require escorts:
- One visitor who will stay with the patient during the entire period of hospitalization
- For our obstetrical patients on Labor and Delivery
- One labor support person who will stay with the patient during the entire period of hospitalization
- For our pediatric patients:
- Two visitors will be authorized, one with the child at a time
- No visitors under the age of 14
- Hand washing/hand sanitizer required
- No visitors with fever/cough/cold symptoms
- No pregnant or immunocompromised visitors
- No visitors under any circumstances to the YK Elder’s Home
- Family visits are being coordinated via phone and video teleconference
- Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis
This policy will only remain in affect during the COVID-19 outbreak.