On April 15, Governor Dunleavy issued health mandate 15 that outlines how healthcare providers can begin to resume routine services. Included in this mandate are provisions for routine dental operations across the state to start to resume.
Beginning May 4, YKHC Dental is able to resume all elective procedures, including procedures that generate aerosols. To protect customers and staff, health mandate 15 requires a negative COVID-19 test in the 48 hours before a dental procedure that generates aerosols.
With our expanded testing capacity, YKHC is able to test all dental customers scheduled for procedures that generate aerosols. When scheduling an aerosol-generating procedure, dental customers will be referred to testing at YKHC’s drive-through testing site in the hospital parking lot. Once a negative test result is received, you will able to visit the dental clinic for your appointment.
Like all YKHC employees, dental staff receive daily health screenings and are required to quarantine for 14 days upon return from any travel. YKHC Employee Health is closely monitoring any reports of employees with questionable symptoms to ensure our customers and employees are safe while in our facilities.
Process for Scheduling a Routine Exam or Cleaning
- Call YKHC Dental at 543-6229.
- Dental staff will screen you for symptoms and other COVID-19 risk factors, including:
- Shortness of breath
- Close contact with a known positive COVID-19 individual
- If you are showing no symptoms of COVID-19 and do not meet any risk factors, dental staff will refer you for COVID-19 testing.
- Be tested for COVID-19. Your testing appointment will happen in the 48 hours leading up to your appointment.
- When you arrive for your appointment, hospital staff will screen you for any respiratory symptom.
- Proceed to dental for your exam or cleaning.
Patients scheduling exams and cleanings that do not generate aerosols will not be required to be tested prior to their appointment.