YKHC began COVID-19 vaccination of Phase 1A eligible frontline healthcare workers and long-term care residents on Thursday, December 17. With the majority of Phase 1A complete, this week YKHC will move on to vaccinations of Phase 1B eligible individuals – elders 65 years and older and frontline essential workers.
Bethel-based elders, 65+
Beginning Wednesday, December 23, YKHC will begin COVID-19 vaccinations for Bethel elders 65 and older. Bethel elders who would like to schedule a vaccination should call the COVID-19 hotline at 543-6949. YKHC is providing vaccinations in the Wellness Center of the hospital. In order to maintain adequate social distance, and provide enough room for the 20-minute post-vaccination observation period, YKHC can vaccinate up to 30 individuals per hour. For safety and security reasons, individuals receiving a vaccine are asked to arrive for their appointment time on their own and wearing a mask upon entry and throughout your time on the YKHC campus.
Village-based elders, 65+, and Frontline Essential Workers
Beginning the week of December 28, YKHC will begin COVID-19 vaccinations for village-based elders and Phase 1B’s frontline essential workers. YKHC will contact eligible village-based elders directly to schedule vaccinations.
Frontline essential workers are individuals who work in the following roles:
- Corrections officers
- COVID-19 quarantine workers
- Daycare providers
- First responders
- Frontline service organization staff (like shelters for those who experience domestic violence or homelessness)
- Grocery/convenience stores
- Hospital Incident Command: COVID-19 response team
- Law enforcement
- Office of Children’s Services
- Pilots and airline support staff
- Post offices
- Public transportation and cab companies
- Teachers and education support staff
- Utilities (telecommunication, electricity, water/sewer, and fuel)
- Additional categories may be added as we know it.
If you work in the above industries and you are interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine during Phase 1B, please submit your information at the following: https://tinyurl.com/y7reeyst
Please note: YKHC will contact you directly to schedule vaccination, please do not arrive without a scheduled appointment. Completion of this form does not automatically schedule a vaccination appointment.