- Cooking spray
- 1 pound potatoes, cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 1 large onion, cut in half and then into ¼-inch slices
- 2 medium carrots, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium bell pepper, cut into ¼-inch slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into ¼-inch slices
- Heat oven to 400°F.
- Spray bottom of 13 X 9-inch (3 quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place potatoes, onions, and carrots in baking dish.
- Toss potatoes, onions, and carrots with half of the oil, garlic, thyme, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- While potatoes, onions, and carrots are baking, add bell pepper and zucchini to a medium bowl.
- Toss bell pepper and zucchini with remaining oil, garlic, thyme, tarragon, salt, and pepper.
- Add the bell pepper and zucchini mixture to the potatoes, onions, and carrots in the baking dish.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring halfway through bake time.
- Olive oil is one of the healthier oil choices, but other oils/fats may be substituted.
- If some of the vegetables are not available, they can be omitted.
- If some of the spices are not available, they can be omitted. The flavor of the dish will vary based on the spices used.
Recipe courtesy of YKHC Diabetes Prevention and Control