- 2 large carrots
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or silicone mat. (Alternatively, you can spray a baking tray with cooking spray.)
- Slice the carrots into long, thin pieces.
- Mix the egg and water and place in a shallow dish.
- Place the Parmesan cheese into a separate shallow dish.
- Dip the carrot sticks in the egg wash, and allow excess egg wash to drip off.
- Roll sticks in the Parmesan and place on the baking tray. (Space sticks about ½ inch apart on the baking tray.)
- Sprinkle sticks with pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip each of the sticks.
- Bake for another 5 minutes.
Recipe courtesy of YKHC Diabetes Prevention and Control
Adapted from – www.centraltexasfoodbank.org/recipe/cheesy-carrot-fries-spicy-yogurt-dip